On Monday night, we welcomed the National Tooling and Machining Association’s Connecticut and Western Mass chapters into our building. Fastener expert Jim Speck gave the keynote, that touched on:
- Western Mass and CT’s great manufacturing heritage
- Three fundamental equations that govern fastener mechanics
- How to determine the torque of a socket head cap screw
- Fastener case studies on a bridge, orthopedic hardware, and jet engines
- Current manufacturing opportunities for millennials
Additionally, chapter members were given the red carpet treatment with tours of Atlantic’s new Agawam, MA facility and a catered dinner.