Books and online courses for sale from the Industrial Fasteners Institute
- Fastener Standards – 75 books, documents, bulletins, and digital subscriptions. If you specify or use fasteners, check these out.
- Reference books – Choose from 13 titles, including Torque Tensioning, Design of Mechanical Joints, and What Every Engineer Should Know About Threaded Fasteners Materials and Design.
Excellent articles, written by experts for engineers and technically-oriented end users. Publishers Carol and Mike McGuire are well-respected industry icons, devoted to promoting the fastener business and educating its followers.
Free digital version accessible from their website, which also includes the latest fastener news and free registration for the publisher’s Aerospace Fastener e-Zine.
Contains technical articles for fastener manufacturers, distributors and end users, written by industry authorities. Sample topics from one month’s issue included:
- How understanding metal fastener stress corrosion cracking is a step toward its prevention
- A review of mechanical and chemical fastener cleaning methods and equipment
- How tighter tolerances improve resistance to fastener loosening
Free digital version with registration on website.
If you want well written, easily digestible news about the fastener industry, the few hundred dollars per year you’ll spend for Editor John Wolz’s Global Fastener News is well worth it.
He gives you concise articles on current topics, plus interviews with manufacturing and distribution leaders. He also includes important international news, a calendar of fastener events, industry studies, help wanted ads, association meeting coverage, news briefs, pertinent financial news and more — all in about 12 pages per month. Subscription also includes access to website News Briefs and the full online edition.
Sure, you have to subscribe for the important news, but the website provides plenty of freebies, like an index of fastener industry associations, a calendar of industry events, prominent fastener industry obituaries, the history of fasteners, product news, trade show listings and Fastener TV.