To improve our processes and your satisfaction with us, Atlantic tracks both internal and external errors by department, such as warehousing, purchasing and order entry.
- Internal errors affect employee productivity and morale
- External errors affect you, the customer
Taking both categories combined, our accuracy rate is consistently over 99% as a function of the number of order lines shipped. For warehouse shipping errors alone, we customarily make fewer than 20 per year while shipping some 135,000+ order lines.
Why such a low warehouse error rate?
- Each month, we “deposit” $50 in a virtual bank account for each warehouse team member
- If the team finishes the month with no errors, each member collects the $50
- But for every internal error made during a month, we deduct $10 from each account, regardless of who makes the mistake. For every external error made, we deduct $20 from each.