Atlantic Fasteners Blog
Offering technical support and how-to information on products such as pipes and fittings, fasteners, anchors, shoulder screws, bolts, cutting tools, cleaners, and other hardware. Content provided for the commercial, industrial, construction, military, and aerospace industries.
How Tight is Right for Socket Head Screws?
Are you often stumped as to how tight you should make critical socket head screws?
If so, you’re not alone. Although the answer depends on numerous factors, we have a helpful tool that should make it easier. And provide some basics worth knowing.
Comprehensive Guide on Thread Galling
Thread galling is a popular topic since it can be confusing. Our goal in researching and expanding the content was to provide a thorough explanation in simple layman’s terms. We’ve avoided technical fastener language, so readers don’t have to be a fastener engineer to understand it.
Don’t Overlook 80% of Your Costs
Most companies buying fasteners do not think of them as investments, yet that can be a missed opportunity. A well-established concept in the fastener industry - the price of fasteners makes up only 18 percent of their total installed cost, whereas “soft” costs make up the remaining 82 percent.
Guide to Common Lockout/Tagout Mistakes
Proper use of Lockout/Tagout accessories is crucial to a safe facility since lockout/tagout issues are one of the most cited OSHA violations.
We compiled a simple, three-page guide on how to correct seven of the most common mistakes. Included is expert advice and links to an OSHA interactive training program, FAQ’s, and an audit guide.
Tech Tip: Drill point Comparison
Maintenance people and buyers alike find drill point styles confusing. Each has a specific use based on drill point style. Created a simple comparison piece on the two most popular drill point styles, 135° split point and 118°. Included is a sharp picture of each tip, so the differences are readily apparent.
What is Cyro Treating?
Cryo-treating is a slow process of taking materials down to -300° F, typically in liquid nitrogen, and gradually bringing them back to room temperature over several days.
The end result is a considerably longer life with less internal stress, more flexibility, and higher tensile strength.
Cure for Brittle Nylon Cable Ties
Nylon cable ties and parts can become brittle and snap during installation, especially in the winter when it’s cold and dry. But, rarely is defective material the cause. Instead, it’s typically lack of moisture.
Check out this simple solution to prolong their life.
Tips on using Ice Melt Safely
According to a Snow and Ice Management Association study, the average claim due to snow and ice-related slip-and-falls was $33,000. And if it was a worker’s comp claim, the figure was $48,000!
As winter weather approaches, time to brush-up on your snow and ice procedures.
Maintenance Area Overhaul
The conversion team worked to eliminate stockouts, reduce inventory, and boost efficiency. During this overhaul project, the team found a common list of problems:
- Inadequate storage space
- Parts not stored in their proper places
- and more
Self Scan Phone Apps
Actual Size Charts Posted
More Actual Size Charts
Atlantic Fasteners New Capabilities Guide
Atlantic Fasteners has published a new, eight-page capabilities guide that covers all its divisions -industrial and aerospace fasteners and industrial supplies.
The new guide concisely describes VMI program, expanded made-to-print services and redesigned line card information on brands and products.
New Line of Chrome Steel Balls Introduced
Atlantic Fasteners has introduced a new line of Grade 25 chrome steel balls. They are through-hardened to Rc 60-67 and made from 52100 alloy steel.
Cryo-Treated Drill Bits Introduced
Atlantic/Applied MSS has introduced a line of cryo-treated Kwik Cut® drill bits that have similar wear resistance to cobalt drills and similar tensile strength to HSS drills.
Plus, a nitride treatment gives them a surface hardness of 70 Rockwell C.
Gaskets, Seals and Raw Materials Now Available
Atlantic Fasteners has introduced a full line of standard seals and gaskets in over 140 materials, along with custom design capabilities.
They include o-rings, flange gaskets, grommets, dynamic seals, and sanitary gaskets.
Rivet Guide Added to Website
Atlantic Fasteners, a 100% employee owned industrial and aerospace fastener distributor, has added a helpful rivet guide to its website.
It includes detailed rivet descriptions and includes Avdel’s Speed Fastening®, Breakstem, Structural (Lockbolts) rivets, and Threaded Inserts.
We guarantee outstanding services like on-time delivery, callbacks when promised, error-free shipping and billing, zero-defect products, and 100% customer satisfaction.