Atlantic Fasteners has updated its popular iPhone app which customers use to manage their own inventories, according to General Sales Manager, Marco Morgado. He said the new app is now compatible with Apple’s recent release of its iOS 11 operating system and scans faster than the previous version.
According to Morgado, Atlantic’s Self-Scan process works as follows:
- Atlantic sales people help customers determine their fastener and industrial supply needs
- Atlantic provides bar code labels from the compiled list
- Customers stick the labels on their storage bins and cabinets
- Customers maintain inventory levels themselves by scanning the bar codes when needs arise
- Then they transmit the orders from the app to Atlantic by Wi-Fi or wirelessly
- Atlantic ships in-stock items same day when orders arrive by 3 pm
Morgado said the app is available on Apple iTunes, here.
Separately, Morgado announced that Atlantic is developing a similar app for the Android platform. He says it should be ready by the first quarter of ’18 and will run on popular Samsung, HTC, and other Android phones.
As with the iOS app, the planned Android app will be free, he said.